Ball Conversion allows you to convert any ball type to a premium golf ball. No premium balls available at your facility? No problem. Learn how to covert from range ball to premium golf ball in this TrackMan webinar.
The Ball Conversion feature available in the TPS software and iOS app allows the user to convert the launch characteristics of any ball type to a premium golf ball. Ball Conversion will adjust the launch conditions (ball speed, launch angle, and spin rate) based on the ball type entered and transform them into that of a premium ball. You no longer need to worry if the ball you are fitting or teaching with spins more, launches higher, or has a lower ball speed. Ball Conversion will make these calculations for you. To find a TrackMan near you visit the TrackMan Locator. Use the following time codes to skip to the section of your choice:
1:57 – Review of Normalization
- What does normalize mean?
- What is the expected state?
- The components of a trajectory
7:56 – How Ball Conversion Works
- The nine buckets
- Activating Ball Conversion
- The decision tree (13:02)
14:10 – Determining Your Ball Type
- Testing process for identifying ball type
- Examples on how to use the decision tree
21:53 – Ball Conversion Examples
- Limited Distance Hard conversion with Tour Pro
- How trajectory and numbers change
- Alternative to determining ball type
29:22 – Common Scenarios
- I play a golf ball that is considered Medium
- I play a Premium Hard or Premium Soft ball
- Example differences between various premium balls
37:45 – Submitting Ball Type Questions to Support
43:30 – Q&A Portion with Audience
- TMU Master thesis on spin rate off grass vs. a mat (read study here)